Friday, August 24, 2018

God's Waiting Room by Alexis A. Goring

God’s Waiting Room
A devotional by Alexis A. Goring

Image from Pixabay.com

I’ve been waiting for my creative career dreams to come true for some time now and lately I realize that God has me in what I like to call “God’s Waiting Room”. No, it’s not a physical waiting room located in a hospital. It is more of a spiritual one where I’m waiting on my dreams to come true.

These last several years have been filled with highs and lows. After being laid-off from my last day job, I have not been hired by a new boss. So thinking that maybe I need to be my own boss, I started my own business (an editorial service). The clients that I’ve had are happy with my work but I don’t have enough clients to make a solid living financially, which is why I’ve been applying for another day job. However, the rejection letters keep rolling in. I’ve told some of my author friends that I’ve received more rejection letters from potential employers than I have from literary agents.

Recently, I was sinking into despair but then in the midst of my worrying, God encouraged my heart when He led me to this song by Lincoln Brewster called “While I Wait.” The song is essentially about waiting on the Lord and trusting Him with the outcome.

It’s also about trusting God in the process as you wait on Him to take you to where He wants you to be in life. This song taught me a few very important life lessons. Allow me to explain the lessons I’m learning while seated in God’s Waiting Room.

If you’re a human on planet Earth, you will have seasons of waiting. It varies from person to person. Some are waiting to graduate from school and enter the workforce. Some are waiting to marry their soul mate. Some newlyweds are waiting to purchase or build their dream home. Some married couples are waiting on a baby of their own. Some professionals are waiting on the job of their dreams. Some are waiting on peace to prevail in their land. Some are waiting on God to answer their prayers. We’re all waiting on something or someone. While you’re waiting, I want to encourage you to listen to this song (“While I Wait” by Lincoln Brewster).

Here’s what I’ve learned from the song and from my own experience of being in God’s Waiting Room:
Though I don’t have the answers, I will trust God all the same. In his song “While I Wait”, Lincoln Brewster says that sometimes miracles take time. I’m determined to worship God while I wait and will continue trusting Him. He makes miracles every day. It’s only a matter of time before He makes one for me. I know this because God is faithful every day. His promises are permanent and He is faithful to fulfill each one. I don’t understand the wait but I know that God is with me. I do not have all the answers but I serve a God who is sovereign, faithful and in control of my life story. He has the answers that I need. I’m trusting Him to reveal His will for my life in His perfect time.

So here’s to everyone who’s waiting on a dream of his or her heart to come true: Be encouraged. God loves you. He is Faithful to keep all of His promises that are found in His Word (The Holy Bible). If He made a promise to you then you can trust Him to keep it. It’s like my Grandma says, “God may not come when you want Him to but He’s always on time!”



 God bless you.

Love,

Alexis


Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ.

Website: https://alexisagoring.jimdo.com
“God is Love” blog: http://capturingtheidea.blogspot.com




7 comments:

  1. Hi, Alexis - I received the following from a friend (Zillah Williams, from Australia) who has trouble leaving comments here ...

    ... Hullo Peg, I've just read Alexis Goring's post on your Whispers in Purple. And it has meant so much to me this morning. Thank you. I'm in God's waiting room and the message has comforted me so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peggy, for sharing this comment from Zillah Williams! :)

      Zillah, if you're reading this, I'd like to thank you for reaching out and say that I'm so glad that God used me to speak positivity into your situation. God bless you! *Jeremiah 29:11*

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting me on your blog, Peggy! :) God bless you. *Jeremiah 29:11*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The honor and pleasure is all mine, Alexis. This poast has a powerful message. Zillah is right.

      Delete