Friday, March 15, 2019

Glimpses of Heaven ~ Alexis Goring ~ devotional

Glimpses of Heaven

A devotional by Alexis A. Goring



Sometimes in the midst of my day or night, God gives me what I call “Glimpses of Heaven.”

These glimpses are enlightening moments when I realize that everything is going to be all right because our trials here on Earth are temporary and Heaven with all of its glories await!

It is in these moments that my pain seems to pale in comparison to what awaits. It is in these moments when I realize that I need to focus on what really matters – my relationship with Jesus Christ and telling the world about Him our Savior!

In these moments, God renews my mind (Romans 12:1-2) and makes me fit for His service. In these moments nothing seems as bad as it looks because I know that there is a bigger picture at hand and in the end, God wins!

These Glimpses of Heaven give me hope and joy! These special moments make me feel closer to God and rejoice in His Goodness.

Most importantly, these hope-filled moments inspire me to take my faith walk with Jesus seriously and stay on the straight and narrow road that leads to Heaven.

I am grateful for these glimpses that usually occur when I’m spending time studying God’s Word (The Holy Bible). There’s something about opening that book and reading those timeless words of wisdom that revitalizes my soul.

It is in those moments of prayer and Bible study that God speaks to my spirit and lets me know that there is more to life than chasing my career dreams, being well-fed with good food, achieving total fitness in my body, meeting and marrying Mr. Right…It’s just a reminder that there’s so much more to this life than what we see with our human eyes! And in the end, God wins!

So that means that in this Great Controversy of good vs. evil that every human is born into if you’re on God’s side then you win too! What will you win? Eternal life with Him in a place (Heaven) free of pain, sickness and sorrow…a place where everyone lives forever, and death is history!

Perhaps the greatest reminder of what we as followers of Jesus Christ need to know is found in Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV), which reads:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer, and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him, he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

So, dear friends, be encouraged to keep the faith and run your race! Jesus Christ and His heavenly hosts are cheering you on! You’ve got this because God’s got you! It is possible to live a victorious life when you keep God as the center of it and seek Him first!

When the weight of the world weighs heavily on your shoulders, turn it over to Jesus because His “yoke is easy” and His “burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30). And when you’re going through dark times, remember that there is a light at the end of that dark tunnel. Jesus Christ is the Light of the world (John 8:12) and you can trust Him to see you through!

As we close this devotional, I’d like to encourage you to ask God to give you glimpses of Heaven as you spend time with Him in Bible study and prayer. My prayer is that these glimpses will help you continue to move forward in your journey here on Earth and follow Jesus all the way to Heaven!

God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment