Friday, August 21, 2020

ALEXIS A. GORING ~ The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly ~ Faithful Friday

Image courtesy Pixabay.com

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

A devotional by Alexis A. Goring

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

This devotional was inspired by some of the first words spoken to me by one of my dear writer friends. I’ve changed her name for privacy reasons.

I will always remember my first conversation with my friend Juniper. She told me from the start that she’s ready to talk about it all – “the good, the bad, and the ugly” – because “life is too short to ease into friendships.”

Her words touched my heart and I knew she was a friend for life. As I write this devotional, I am reflecting on her words and thinking of my Best Friend who is always there for me and willing to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. His Name is Jesus Christ and He is my best friend forever!

Jesus loves me unconditionally and He’s been with me through all the ups and downs of this life. He promises to comfort me, bless me, protect me and give me strength for the journey from Earth to Heaven. Best of all, He is my Savior, Redeemer and Lord over all!

There’s a song by Kari Jobe called “Lord Over All.” In this song, Kari touches on very important points that will get you through this life here on Earth. She says that when she’s facing the unknown, she knows that she can raise her voice to God and rest assured that He is with her and know that God will never leave her side! God is with her in the shifting shadows, the darkness, the uncertainties, the deep valleys of life, the troubled times … and He rescues her from it all effectively every single time without fail because He is Lord Over All!

The fact that God is “Lord Over All” means that He is in charge of this world and the entire universe! He is intimately involved in human affairs and He cares about everything that affects us – the good, the bad, and the ugly.

God has the solutions that you’re looking for in this life. You can trust Him today, tomorrow and forever! You can run to Him and He’ll welcome you with open arms, every single time. Why? Because, dear one, He loves you with ALL of His Heart. There’s nothing you can do to make Him love you less and there’s nothing you can do to make Him love you more. God’s Love for You is perfect and complete. He sent His Son (Jesus Christ) to save your life! Read John 3:16 for details on that point. He wants you to be reunited with Him for all eternity. God wants to help you through all the trials, tragedy, trauma and drama in this life.

Contrary to popular belief, God is not just watching us from a distance; He is here! He is everywhere! You cannot hide from Him because He sees all and knows all. But not in a scary way. In a loving, compassionate, strong and caring manner. His Presence is powerful! But you don’t have to be afraid of Him because His love for you is gentle and enduring.

Will you allow God and His Son Jesus Christ to be your Best Friend? They want to be there for you and they want to hear it ALL: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

You can safely confide in God and His Son without worrying about your information traveling elsewhere. They have the solutions you seek!

Will you allow your Maker, Savior, Redeemer and Best Friend to be there for you? They are waiting with open arms and a heart of love for you.

Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ.



2 comments:

  1. Alexis, this is a beautiful post that reminds us of the amazing and unique relationship we have with our Savior if we only accept it. Thank you for this reminder of the friendship He offers to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti. Alexis never disappoints me with her devotional offerings.

      Delete