Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Making of The Reluctant Groom ~ Kimberly Rose Johnson





The Making of The Reluctant Groom

By Kimberly Rose Johnson

My favorite kind of stories have always been marriage of convenience stories, but I thought since I wrote contemporary romance I’d never get to write one, that is, until this story came to me.

I was laying in bed one night back in 2016, when the idea began to percolate. It was one of the few times I dragged myself from bed and wrote my thoughts down. I took the concept and the framework of my story to my readers group on Facebook. They helped me come up with a way to make a modern day marriage of convenience not only believable, but also acceptable. 

I had other books to write so it took a little time to get this one written, but then the unthinkable happened. Someone else wrote and published my story! Okay, it wasn’t  exactly my story but there were enough similarities that I hesitated to publish mine. In reality the only thing they really had in common was the set of circumstances I used to justify the marriage. Anyway, I set it aside and literally forgot about it until ...one day ... I remembered.

I brought up the project to my readers group once again and explained why I had not yet published the story. They encouraged me to publish it anyway. I finally relented and set the release date.

About the book:

When everything goes wrong, can two friends discover true love? 

When Ray O’Brien’s world is turned upside down, Katie Fairchild wants to help, but the personal cost is high. Neither desires a marriage of convenience, but when Katie blurts the first thing that comes to her mind Ray can’t dismiss her offer of marriage. It would solve all his problems except for one thing—they aren’t in love. 

Can these two friends team up for the greater good and perhaps find love along the way, or are their expectations impossible? 

About Kimberly:

Faith Hope and Love Reader's Choice Finalist, Kimberly Rose Johnson, married her college sweetheart and lives in the Pacific Northwest. From a young child Kimberly has been an avid reader. That love of reading fostered a creative mind and led to her passion for writing. She especially loves romance and writes contemporary romance that warms the heart and feeds the soul.

Kimberly holds a degree in Behavioral Science from Northwest University in Kirkland, Washington, and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. 

You can sign up for Kimberly's newsletter via her website at: http://kimberlyrjohnson.com/index.html

Amazon buy link: http://amzn.to/2FoJ00s



9 comments:

  1. I have read this story and other stories by Kimberly Rose Johnson and all of them are great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melissa, thanks so much for dropping in and leaving a comment for Kimberly.

      Delete
  2. I have also read this fun story, and Kimberly is one of my favorite authors! Her books are so easy to read, and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Becky ... good to see you here. Thanks for visiting, and for your kind words about Kimberly's books.
      Blessings...

      Delete
    2. I appreciate your kind words, Becky. Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoy my books. :)

      Delete
    3. Peggy, I didn't read your reply to Becky before I responded and now I'm chuckling. We think alike. :)

      Delete
    4. LOL ... and I need to add my thanks to you, Kimberly, for being my guest this week.

      Delete
    5. I'm happy to be here. Thanks for having me. :)

      Delete