Thursday, April 18, 2019

FAITH AND HOPE ~ Amy Anguish

This post was supposed to be live here on Whispers in Purple yesterday, April 7, but guess who dropped the ball? This whole week has been turned upside-down and inside-out. My apologies to my special guest AMY ANGUISH. This post will remain at the top of this page until Friday morning.

And 5 ...4 ... 3... 2 ... 1 ... GO, Amy!


What would you do if you were forced to leave the town and state you loved and move in with a sister you can barely tolerate in a state you swore you’d never live in? 

Hope finds herself in just such a predicament. In one day, she’s lost her job, her car, and her boyfriend. When she agrees to her mom’s plan to spend the summer with her older sister, Faith, she wonders if she’s maybe lost her mind, too. After all, what could possibly be worse than moving to the middle of Texas?

A little backstory from Amy:

Two years after my husband and I were married, I found myself moving to a state that I at one time declared I never wanted to live in. Texas. I had only visited the Lone Star State once but had met several people from there. They all came across as very arrogant. When my husband got a job down in Austin, I swallowed my “I’ll never” and packed our things, ready to start the new adventure, hoping against hope that not everyone down there was like the few I’d based my reasoning on.

We lived in the great state of Texas for eleven years, five in the Austin area, and six in Tyler. Can I just tell you right now that even though I love living in Tennessee, I miss Texas? The people there are friendly and loving, the springtime hills are covered in a blanket of bluebonnets, and there is no other place to get Whataburger.

When I wrote my new book, Faith & Hope, I based some of Hope’s feelings about spending the summer on my preconceived notions before we moved there. And I helped her overcome them, just like I overcame my own. Hope and Faith don’t only have to overcome preconceived notions about their location or each other, though. There are a few other twists and turns before you can get to the happy ending.


Two sisters. One summer. Multiple problems.

Younger sister Hope has lost her job, her car, and her boyfriend all in one day. Her well-laid plans for life have gone sideways, as has her hope in God.

Older sister Faith is finally getting her dream-come-true after years of struggles and prayers. But when her mom talks her into letting Hope move in for the summer, will the stress turn her dream into a nightmare? Is her faith in God strong enough to handle everything?

For two sisters who haven't gotten along in years, this summer together could be a disaster ... or it could lead them to a closer relationship with each other and God. Can they overcome all life is throwing at them? Or is this going to destroy their relationship for good?


Amy R Anguish

Author of An Unexpected Legacy

Amy R Anguish grew up a preacher's kid, and in spite of having lived in seven different states that are all south of the Mason Dixon line, she is not a football fan. Currently, she resides in Tennessee with her husband, daughter, and son, and usually a bossy cat or two. Amy has an English degree from Freed-Hardeman University that she intends to use to glorify God, and she wants her stories to show that while Christians face real struggles, it can still work out for good.









No comments:

Post a Comment