Friday, June 21, 2019

Alexis A. Goring ~ God's Not Going Anywhere ~ Faithful Friday ~ Devotions


God’s Not Going Anywhere
A devotional by Alexis A. Goring

Hi, Whispers in Purple readers. I'm so pleased to welcome author Alexis A. Goring for another delightful Faithful Friday devotional to take you into the weekend. 
Also, I'm sure you're all aware that today is the Summer Solstice ... the first day of Summer, and the longest day of the year. Unless, of course, you live "Down Under" ... in which case it's the first day of Winter, and the shortest day of the year.

Welcome back, Alexis. I love that you're so generous and willing to share your deepest thoughts with us.



Lately, I’ve been thinking about a close friend who I love and trust but hadn’t heard from in a while. I was worried that I might be losing that friend and I thought to myself that all I need to hear from them is, “I love you” and “Don’t worry. I’m not going anywhere.”

For me, that would reassure me that though they’ve been silent for a while, they still care about me and I’m not losing my connection or friendship with them. As this has been on my mind a lot, God impressed me with a spiritual lesson related to it. He spoke to my heart saying, “But Alexis. I love you and I am not going anywhere!” God reminded me that even if people let me down, He wouldn’t. God taught me years ago that though He may be silent at times, He’s not going anywhere meaning He’s promised to be there for me throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity.

When God imparted this lesson to me in my spirit one night when I was wide-awake with worry about losing friends, His words encouraged my soul.

He also reminded me that His connection with me is the only connection that I should always keep alive and never worry about losing because He loves me and all of His children around the world, way too much to ever let us go.

God is in a relationship with us for the long haul.

He knows us better than our closest friend or even our Mamas. He sees our flaws. He hears our heart and He loves us no matter what! We can trust Him with everything, including our very life! His love for us will never fail.

Only God is completely capable of being there for us at any time and in any situation. We can rely on Him better than we could ever depend on any human. God wants us to seek Him first, not earthly friends. Now earthly friends are important to have and we should cultivate healthy relationships with people but at the same time, we should never lose sight of staying connected to the truest, Best Friend we could ever have (God).

And if a friendship here on Earth is keeping us from bettering our relationship with God or moving us to lose sight of Jesus Christ, our Savior, then we should pray about it and if God tells us to let it go, we should obey.

The best thing about being friends with God is that not only does He always have our best interest at heart, but there’s also nothing we can do to make Him love us less or love us more. He loves us because He created us. We are His.

God’s love for you and me is fierce and forever! The Bible says that He will be with us until the “end of the age” (Matthew 28:20 NIV). This proves that God will be with us until the very end of human history (also known as the end of the world). But for those of us who believe in Him, our life story doesn’t stop there.

God will usher His faithful followers into an eternity spent with Him where we will live in healthy, immortal bodies forever!

Finally there will be no more death, sorrow, pain, destruction or natural disasters; there will only be joy, freedom, happiness, and hope that will last forever! We will grow into all God originally intended us to be! We will live completely free of sin and all of the mass destruction it causes.

I hope that this devotional has encouraged you to build a friendship with God first and ask Him to help you build healthy friendships here on Earth with your fellow humans too! I also hope that you will always remember to maintain your relationship with Jesus Christ and trust Him enough to give Him your life and watch Him work to help prepare your heart for Heaven.

Remember, even if our human friendships fail, we have a Friend in Jesus and His friendship with us is forever!

Amen, Alexis. Thank you!


Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ. 




1 comment:

  1. Alexis, once again, you've touched my heart. Thank you for being my guest today. God bless you as you continue to write for Him.

    ReplyDelete