Friday, August 9, 2019

Alexis A. Goring ~ God's Nudge ~ Devotional ~ FaithfulFriday


God’s Nudge
A devotional by Alexis A. Goring

“And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” –Isaiah 65:24 [KJV]

Image from Pixabay.com

There have been times when God “nudged” me to do something for someone or say something to someone and I admit that I have not always listened. But on a Saturday evening a few weeks ago, I’m so glad that I  listened to Him and followed through with what He wanted me to do because it blessed the heart of a dear friend of mine.
On that Saturday evening, I felt nudged to write a text message and send it to my dear friend Temeka. But I pushed back because the words that were on my heart to say were what she already knew.

I know that she’s strong in her convictions and not easily swayed by the ways of the world. I didn’t want to “preach to the choir” so I debated with God (silently) with thoughts along the lines of…Lord, she knows this already! She’s one of the strongest women I know. She serves you wholeheartedly. She doesn’t give into peer pressure. Seriously? You want me to write this? I don’t want to preach to the choir. Lord, are You sure that You want me to share this with her or keep it to myself? Is this really a nudge from You, or is this just a thought from my own mind?

After two (maybe four) full hours of off and on debate with God, I gave in and decided to send the text message and I am so glad that I did!

Temeka replied to my text immediately, saying that my message was on time and that it confirmed something that she recently talked to God about. She ended her text to me saying, “God used you!”

Wow, I thought. God used me.

But the praise report of how God used me to help Temeka didn’t end there. She felt compelled to share her story on social media a few times—once on her personal Facebook page and again in one of her motivational videos the following week! She was overwhelmed with gratitude and I am grateful that I obeyed God’s nudge and sent the message to her when He asked me to.

I don’t want to imagine what would have happened if I hadn’t obeyed God. Though I do know that He has many ways of helping His children here on Earth so the message would have reached Temeka somehow and still been on time. But it humbles me and strikes me with deep awe to know that God felt the need to use me to help someone who I care about and respect.

God doesn’t need us to accomplish His will. But it’s always an honor when the Creator of the Universe asks us to do something for Him!

So next time you feel a nudge from God, will you listen and obey?

He’s always with you and He wants to use you to help reach hearts for Him.

May God bless you and keep you!

Love,

Alexis
 
Author Bio: Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment