Friday, December 6, 2019

Love'sHealing Power, LoRee Peery


Love’s Healing Power

a Devotion from LoRee Peery

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid: For the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. "~ Isaiah 12:2 (NAS)

God never ceases to bless me and give me what I need at the time I need it. At the time I wrote this, spring 2011, I had one book published.

I love the month of April. I celebrate my birthday, my born-again anniversary, and my first book contract. April is also the anniversary of the unsolved homicide of my father. Such trauma can change a life forever if that life isn’t turned over to receive God’s grace. I’ve been disturbed often, wondering how a killer could walk around free. I’ve accepted God’s answer to this prayer of resolution as “no.” In the case of my father, God has healed my mind. The unsolved answers could have eaten me up. God is God and I am not. Touches of Time released in 2016, and since the publication with its fictional ending, I truly have healing peace. I now think about the cold case only if someone brings it up.

Because of God’s sovereignty, He chose me to spend eternity with Him. I call that healing of my spirit, which He has healed many times over the years, because I am weak and sin every day. When it comes to God’s healing power, I’ve been there, and I hope to bring that awareness to the characters I create. Inner conflict is painful, especially when it comes to spiritual things. I strive to bring God’s glory of grace into the hearts and lives of my characters. Often my heroines and heroes deal with current life issues or scars from the past that need to be addressed. Our pasts make us who we are, but our Lord heals those dark issues.

I pray readers see God’s strength, and accept healing of the spirit, similar to what my characters experience. Love heals. We see those fruits in our lives. I’m privileged to write happily-ever-afters.

Isaiah 26:3 reads, “The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.”

I hope you trust in the Lord and discover His strength through healing. If God has given you perfect peace, be it mind, body, or spirit, I’d like to hear about it.


About LoRee:

Nebraska country girl LoRee Peery writes fiction that hopefully appeals to adult readers who enjoy stories written from a Christian perspective, focusing on the romance. These include novels and novellas for women and men in the Contemporary, Romance, Historical, Time Travel, and Mystery/Suspense categories. She writes of redeeming grace with a sense of place. She is who she is by the grace of God: Christian, country girl, wife, mother, grandmother and great-, sister, friend, and author.


Connect with LoRee through these links:
Find her publications at Pelican http://tinyurl.com/kwz9enk



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Peg, for allowing me to share on this beautiful Friday. Blessings to all readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, LoRee! Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Blessings ... and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

      Delete