Friday, January 31, 2020

TRUSTING GOD ~ Alexis A. Goring ~ Faithful Friday


Trusting God


devotional by Alexis A. Goring

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.” –Psalm 20:7 [NIV]

The song “Trust in You” by Anthony Brown & Group Therapy opens with lyrics to encourage the listener, declaring that God did not create us to worry or fear; He created us to worship Him and trust Him.

The song lyrics remind the listener about the magnitude of God! He is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Jehovah-jireh (our provider)! The music artists who perform this beautiful song emphasize God’s glory to remind the believer just how big the God we serve is and that no problem that we face here on Earth is too big for God to solve! He’s not just the Creator of the Universe; He is your Heavenly Father and He knows what is best for you.

The Bible says in Luke 12:7 that God numbered all of the hairs on our heads (and if you have a lot of hair on your head like I do then you know the significance of that saying). I think that this Bible verse means that God knows you more intimately than any human ever will and He is perfectly capable of meeting all of your needs!

God met my needs recently in a powerful way.

Early on in the week of Jan. 26, 2020, I asked all of the prayer warriors in my life to pray for me. I shared that ever since being let go from my job the previous year, I had been struggling to pay my bills and that this particular week, I was down to nothing. I did not know how I would be able to pay my bills for that week. I also asked my prayer warriors to pray that God would bless me with more work that pays well so that I could pay my bills on time.

Less than five minutes later, prayer support and notes of encouragement started flooding in. Several people even shared their own stories about their struggles and how God came through for them just in the right time.

Among those prayer warriors were ones who said that they felt God leading them to give me a monetary gift and when I received their gift, it was just what I needed at that time.

I was amazed at how God moved on my behalf in less than a few hours!

This experience taught me so many lessons:

Lesson #1: Always go to God first. He loves you with ALL of His Heart and He cares about everything that impacts you here on Earth.

Lesson #2: Always feed your faith, not your fear. I made a point that morning after private prayer time with God to publicly post that song “Trust in You” and note that it’s the new anthem to my REAL life story! I chose to praise God and trust Him to take care of me. I refused to give into to fear of the future based on my circumstances.

Lesson #3: Don’t be afraid to ask for prayer support from the people in your life who believe in God and follow Jesus Christ. I sent private messages to all of my prayer warriors and asked for prayer that God would provide for me by helping me get more work that pays well and helping me be able to meet my financial needs. I did not ask for financial help but God impressed some people to send monetary gifts to me anyway! What a blessing!

Lesson #4: When God blesses you, don’t stay silent! A few days after this amazing blessing and prayer support, God impressed me to write about my experience. I believe that He wants us to share our stories to encourage others who are going through similar situations. Our stories inspire hope!

On that note, I’d like for you to please know that no matter what you’re facing in this life here on Earth, you always have hope because you have God. He loves you with all of His Heart, even if you don’t know Him yet! That’s why He sent His Son (Jesus Christ) to save you! Read John 3:16.

Following Jesus Christ and praying “the prayer of faith” (James 5:13-16) is something God wants all of us to do! Why? Because the Bible says in Hebrews 11:6 (NLT), “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.”

My “Word” for the New Year 2020 was “Trust.” What a way to start the first month of that year with this teachable moment from God! After my experience in January 2020, I am encouraged to trust Him more and never stop praying about my every need because He cares and even when He’s silent, He’s there.

I hope that my testimony has encouraged your heart and inspired you to trust God with every need, every desire, every dream, and every plan for your life. Remember this: God is Good. God loves you and He will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)!

May God bless your life story for His glory!


 
Author Bio: Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ. 







No comments:

Post a Comment