Friday, May 1, 2020

DADDY,, I FELLED ~ Linda Wood Rondeau ~ devotional


It's time for this week's Faithful Friday devotional. 
Please welcome author Linda Wood Rondeau who also shares a peek into her brand-new release.
Welcome, Linda!



Daddy, I Felled
By Linda Wood Rondeau

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).


In my social work career, I often came across families who taught me important lessons in my spiritual journey. Sometimes, in everyday occurrences, God enlightened me through a child’s eyes.

The two-year old darted around the apartment like a butterfly in a flower garden, touching this and climbing that.
“Kaylee, get down. You’re going to get hurt,” the father repeatedly warned.
Kaylee’s desire to explore her world proved insatiable, every chair and stool a challenge waiting to be conquered.
The father used diversion, stern threats, and still Kaylee refused to listen.
“Kaylee, sit down now while I fix your soup,” the father said.
Hungry and always asking for her favorite soup, the father hoped she would settle down. Kaylee scurried to her favorite chair. But while her father’s attention was turned away, she stood and rocked it, tumbling unto the floor with a loud bang. Her father rushed to her side, swooped her up and checked for injuries.
Tears streamed her cheeks as she sobbed, “Daddy, I felled.”
The father knew the fall was the child’s fault. In her stubbornness, she pursued the course of disobedience. But rather than chide, the father simply kissed her tears and said, “It’s alright, Kaylee. Daddy’s here now.”  
From that moment on, Kaylee sat in her chair as a proper young lady should.
As I witnessed this father’s tender interaction, I thought of how many times I’ve tempted God with my disobedience, even though He has repeatedly warned me that I will fall if I’m not careful. How many times, have I run to Him with watered eyes, “Daddy, I felled.”
Yet, whenever I seek Him in my contrition, He picks me up, wipes away my tears and reminds me with all the love a father has to give, “It’s alright, Linda. Daddy’s here now.”



SECOND HELPINGS is perhaps one of my favorite books to write. I can so relate to Jocelyn’s crazy world. My three children were close in age and their antics crowded our days. A veteran social worker, I have counseled many dysfunction families. Perhaps there is a little of me in my character Naomi. Written in a you-are -there mode, the first-person present tense point of view will allow you to journey with Jocelyn as she zips through her forty-fifth birthday. I trust you will identify with her dilemmas and perhaps laugh a lot. It’s okay. Jocelyn won’t mind.


Today is Jocelyn Johnson’s 45th birthday. Unhappy with her marriage of 22 years, the parenting talk show host has planned a noonday tryst with her cohost. A phone call from her college daughter, a peek into her teenaged son’s journal, a sick preschooler, a Goth daughter’s identity crisis, a middle-school son’s prank, and her husband’s inflamed suspicions, not only interfere with her hopeful birthday plans but throw her family into more chaos than a circus on steroids.

In desperate need of counsel, Jocelyn invites a Christian to dinner, her guest from her morning talk show segment. However, the evening holds little promise of calm. In the midst of bedlam, a forgotten faith rekindles causing Jocelyn to rethink her life and her marriage.
You will laugh and you will cry from the first page to the last as you journey through the day’s events and Jocelyn’s search for Second Helpings.  

print

Social Media Links





lLinda Wood Rondeau

A multi-published, award-winning author, I am the Managing Fiction Editor for Elk Lake Publishing, Inc. I live in Maryland with my spouse of over forty years, a patient man if ever there was one. I enjoy hearing from my readers. Contact me at lindarondeau@gmail.com



1 comment: