Thursday, December 15, 2016

Do You Suffer from S.A.D.?

Winter in NW Wisconsin ©Peg Phifer 2016
 Does the above picture make you shiver? I took it yesterday morning with my cellphone. While I don't mind the snow so much, it's the cold that gets to me. That being said . . . 

It is my pleasure to feature author Sue Fairchild to Whispers in Purple today, with a timely guest post for this time of year! 

Hi, Sue . . . welcome. Now, what, exactly, is S.A.D. ??

Hi Peg! Thanks for this opportunity to share my new journal! 


When the winter season starts to roll around and the weather turns cold, damp and dreary, I find myself losing momentum and longing to stay in bed. My creativity drops and depression seeps in. Have you ever felt this way? It might not just be the “winter blues” – it could be Seasonal Affective Disorder. S.A.D. affects more than 3 million people in the United States alone, including myself. As I fought to cope with the onset of winter this year, I found new and interesting ways to combat my disease—ways that seemed to help, including journaling. When I heard of multiple friends and family members who were also suffering from this same illness, I decided to create a journal in order to share my newfound knowledge and encourage others to learn.


A Season with S.A.D.

Do you or someone you know suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (or S.A.D.)? S.A.D. affects more than 3 million people in the United States alone. It is often referred to as the “winter blues,” but should not be discounted easily and it is not something to simply shrug off. “A Season with S.A.D.” is a six-month journal designed to provide space to document your symptoms, feelings and even the weather, as well as tips to help you mitigate your disorder.



Sue A. Fairchild is a writer, blogger and editor. Sue’s devotionals have appeared in numerous Christian devotionals and websites. In addition, she has been a contributor to the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series twice. Sue edits professionally for an online publisher as well as Christian Editor Connection and is a member of ACFW. For more information on her professional services, please visit her website Sue’s Simple Snippets: Life, Love and the Pursuit of Happiness.
You can also connect with her on Facebook, or on Twitter.



Peg here: Thank you so much for this, Sue. I know I suffer severely from the cold temperatures of winter, and yes, probably experience some depression along with it. I'm going to have to check out your journal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment