Thursday, November 30, 2017

Book Spotlight ♦ Holly's Noel ♦ Elle E. Kay


Holly Berries - courtesy Pixabay
"I haven't been able to move on. I'm stuck in a holding pattern. It's like I'm waiting for him to come home to start my life."

The words above came from my heroine, Holly Ewing.  They sum up how she’s been living and how many of us live out our days. We are either waiting for something, or mourning something we’ve lost, but we get stuck. We can’t move on.  Instead of taking a meandering trail through forests and meadows, we find ourselves on a treadmill in a concrete jungle. To step off the treadmill, we need to learn to trust.

Holly needs to trust Jesus again before she can restart her life.

“Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”
                                                                                                  Psalms 37:5   -KJV

Holly’s Noel is a romantic comedy. Her story is written in a lighthearted comedic way, but the timeless truth of her struggles with trusting God are gently weaved throughout.

About the Book:  

Forced to rent out her childhood home next door to make ends meet, Holly Ewing finds herself battling an aggravating new renter.

Best-selling author, Noel Ryan, rents a home on Lake Bethel, a three-month escape from the distractions of home. He soon discovers that Holly is a distraction in her own right.

When difficult situations bring them together, will they stop battling long enough to discover the truth before Christmas separates them?

Under the Mistletoe is available for preorder for only .99 at https://www.amazon.com/Under-Mistletoe-Inspirational-stories-Christmas-ebook/dp/B075F7LKCC/.

  
This story is part of the Under the Mistletoe anthology of novellas which releases on December 1, 2017. I hope you will check it out. I read all the stories included and I enjoyed them (although in one of the stories, I took the side of the ladies portrayed as Grinch type fuddy-duddies. I’m more traditional/old school then some of my fellow authors.)

I had a blast writing Holly’s story and if you enjoy it, I may write more books in this genre.

About Elle:

Elle E. Kay lives on a farmette in the Back Mountain region of Pennsylvania. She lives with her husband, son, dog, and farm animals. She enjoys playing with goats and sheep. She can also frequently be seen with chickens landing on her head. A comical sight to be sure.

Elle is a hopeless romantic who believes in happily-ever-after. She is a born-again Bible believing Christian.

Stella is her debut novel, and is available from most retailers. Claudia, the next book in the Endless Mountain Series, is expected to be released later this year. Elle writes children’s books under the pen name, Ellie Mae Kay.


 

4 comments:

  1. Elle, thanks for being my guest today. Your story sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting me again. I enjoy being a guest on your blog.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a story I'd love to read. I only read in Kindle, though. So, if I win I want it in Kindle. Hope I do!
    Bonnie in AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Bonnie.but, I'm sorry, but Elle isn't offering a giveaway :(

      Delete