Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday Morning Devotional ♦ Sherri Wilson Johnson

Come and Believe



 A devotional by Sherri Wilson Johnson

“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” John 6:35 KJV

My stomach still feels full from Thanksgiving. How about yours? Although I was good about watching my sugar and gluten this year, I still ate more food than I should have. Truthfully, some of my “watching” involved watching the sugar and gluten (in the form of cobbler and macaroni and cheese) go directly into my mouth.

In my family, there’s never a doubt if there will be enough food on the table on Thanksgiving or Christmas. There’s always plenty. For that, I am extremely thankful. I know there are countless people in this world who go hungry every day.

There have been times throughout my almost thirty years of marriage that I wasn’t sure if I would have enough food to feed my hungry family of four due to unemployment or just simply too many bills to pay. During those times, I was thankful that we only had four mouths (plus a dog) to feed.

There have also been times in my life I felt starved for spiritual food and dehydrated from the lack of drinking in God’s Word. Even though I’ve attended church most Sundays since I was a toddler, with only brief periods of “churchlessness” in between, I’ve not always felt as full as I know I could be.

How is that even possible when Jesus says He is the bread of life, and we’ll never hunger or thirst?

I used to think that meant coming to church on Sunday, putting on your spiritual bib, fork and knife in hand, and waiting for the preacher to feed me. I thought it was up to him to give me something good enough to chew on all week. Sure, I’d read the little verse and fifty-word devotional they handed out in Sunday School, but still, I wanted more and wasn’t sure why I wasn’t getting it if Jesus said we could have it.

John 6:35 states it plainly: COME and BELIEVE.

We have to come to the Lord and partake of His goodness in order to be filled. We must believe and drink of His truth to have our thirst quenched.

The older I get, I understand more why my ancestors put God first in their lives daily, why they made it a habit (in a good way) to read the Word daily, to devote time to prayer, to love God and love their neighbors.

Living the Christian life is most fulfilling when we’re listening to and talking to God and also when we’re spending time with fellow believers loving them and nurturing them—and being nurtured by them.

We can be filled to overflowing to the point that we will never be hungry or thirsty again. Jesus is the solution. He stands with arms open wide to bring us into his family. He’s ready to give us all the satisfaction that earthly food and drink can never give us. He truly is the well that satisfies. I’m thankful for the Lord especially during this time of year. I pray you will be blessed and filled to the fullest.


About Sherri''s Book
Grafted into Deceit

Answers are hard to find when there's no one to trust.


When Marina Acres launches an investigation to find her company's missing money, she becomes a killer's target and uncovers a tangled vine of deception in the process. Detective Steven Pennington, who suspects drugs are at the root of the problem, must keep Marina safe from the killer while keeping himself from falling for yet another victim. Marina refuses to believe that her business partner could be part of a drug trafficking ring, but when evidence points its finger at her, she must join the fight with Steven to weed out the killer.



About Sherri:
Sherri Wilson Johnson is a multi-published Inspirational Romance novelist, speaker, virtual assistant and self-publishing coach. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and is passionate about writing, publishing, and marketing.

She lives in Georgia with her husband and her Chihuahua. She loves spending time with her adult children and friends or curling up with a good book or her current work-in-progress. Sherri enjoys doing jigsaw puzzles in the winter, watching Bob Ross painting videos (although she can't paint), and counts the days every year until she can take another trip to the beach.





Where to find Sherri:
Grafted into Deceit: http://amzn.to/2iOgDiA



4 comments:

  1. Sherri, thank you for sharing your devotional post, and for the information about this book. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peg and Sherri. What an inspiring reminder that feeding the spirit is as important as feeling the body . Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete