Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Linore Rose Burkard ~ Forever, Lately ~ Book spotlight


 Hello, all, it's
 Today's guest is
author Linore Rose Burkard, featuring her newest release, Forever, Lately
The stage is yours, Linore

I wanted to write a Regency time travel for years. When I saw the movie “Kate and Leopold” with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman I thought, Oh no! Someone used my idea! 

But I needn’t have worried. Leopold was a Victorian gentleman, not from the Regency, first of all, and secondly, though I enjoyed the flick, I kept thinking it missed so many opportunities for humor. (Having written a screenplay since then, I realize now why it missed so many; tight scripts just don’t have room for all the scenes that could be fun.)

When I wrote my story, however, not only was it fundamentally different, but I was able to include a lot more humorous scenes than a screenplay…all the ones that had been floating around in my head for eons. So this is why the book is a lot of fun to read—particularly when the Regency hero shows up in the present day. 

On a side note: I started this book years ago and then dropped it, mostly because I wanted to write it as a Christian romance like my other Regencies. But I kept running into roadblocks. And Christian publishers weren’t interested in time travel. Finally I realized I had to let God out of MY box and write the story He was giving me, not the one I thought He should give me. After that, it came together remarkably easily, and I think in a very fun way. Due to reader interest in a sequel, I’m now brainstorming that book. 

What Readers Think:
 
Move over, Poldark! Julian St. John is our new English heartthrob!" Lisa K. Simonds, Author, All In 

Such a fun read! I do believe it is my favorite of your books!"
Debbie Lynne Costello, Author, Sword of Forgiveness 

“A delightful roller coaster ride of a book! Had me reading nonstop.”
Donna J. Shepherd, Children's Author, Book Reviewer
 

 


Book Title: Forever, Lately
Author: Linore Rose Burkard
Publisher: Lilliput
Release Date: August 30, 2019

Back Cover Blurb:

1816, England
Julian St. John needs a wife. An oath to a deceased guardian must be kept. Miss Clarissa Andrews, a vexatious beauty, has dangled after him all season but he has no intention of choosing such a she-devil.
 

Maine, Present Day 
Author Claire Channing is desperate to write a bestseller to save her failing career. She moves into her grandmothers abandoned cottage to write the book, but a local resort baron wants to raze the place. Without the deed, the clock is ticking on how long she can stay. She thinks she’s writing St. John’s story. But when she discovers an old prayer shawl and finds herself in his Regency world, she falls in love with him, a man she thought she invented!
 

Miss Andrews, however, is also real—and she’d rather see Julian dead than in another women’s arms!  

Claire must beat the clock to prevent a deadly tragedy, but can love beat the limits of time itself? 


Book purchase Links:



 
 Author Bio:
Linore Rose Burkard is a serious watcher of period films, a Janeite, and hopeless romantic. An award winning author best known for Inspirational Regency Romance, her first book opened the genre for the CBA. Besides historical romance, Linore writes contemporary suspense (The Pulse Effex Series, as L.R. Burkard), contemporary romance (Falling In), and romantic short stories. Linore has a magna cum laude English Lit. degree from CUNY which she earned while taking herself far too seriously. She now resides in Ohio with her husband and family, where she turns her youthful angst into character or humor-driven plots.

Linore  is Vice President of the Dayton Scribes, and a Regional Director of CAN, Christian Authors Network. She founded Lilliput Press, a vehicle for Indie Publishing, where “little dreams become books.” 
Sign up for Linore's newsletter to be automatically entered in monthly book drawings. You'll also receive a free novella, Coach and Four: Allisandra's Tale, set in the days of King Charles II! 
Enter your email to join here: http://www.LinoreBurkard.com 

Social Media Links for Linore:
Website: (*New one under construction)  Current Site: http://www.LinoreBurkard.com 


 

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being my guest today, Linore. What an interesting concept for your book! I haven't read much time travel so I'll have to check Forever, Lately out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this post.
    Thanks, Peg for asking us at NTW to check out the link - it DEFINITELY WORKED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linore. I know how you must have felt. I’ve been working on a novel for years and every once In a white I come across a similar story. I worry that someone else wrote and published my book! Your lnovel sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment for Linore. We both appreciate it =)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a fun read. Humor can be difficult to write. So glad you persisted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lee, thanks so much for stopping by in response to my request. Looks like the comments are working now. Blessings...

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a book I'd like. I loved Kate and Leopold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Patricia. And I, too, loved Kate and Leopold. 'Course that couldn't be because of Hugh Jackman, could it?

      Delete
  6. This is a great read! I've always enjoyed Linore's books as she's such an adept writer. I especially liked the smooth transition in time-travel using the simple covering of a shawl as a symbol and making wonderful emotional connections. Hope you enjoy your new path in writing, Linore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Pat, you've read this book. I haven't read much time travel books/stories but maybe it's time to try a new one, huh? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the kind words and comments, ladies. I've tried numerous times to reply but seem to be having a glitch with the function on this blog. I'm trying again in a new browser--we'll see! Anyway, thanks for stopping by. If you don't win a book this time join my mailing list for future opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah, it came through! Must have been a browser issue. Thanks to you, too, Peg, for hosting me and my book. I'm having fun with ideas for the sequel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did! Both of them =)
      Thanks for your persistence, Linore.

      Delete