Sunday, October 18, 2015

Get Acquainted with Author Anne Greene

Welcome to Whispers in Purple Anne. It’s a pleasure to host another author from the Christmas Mail-order Angels anthology. We’ll talk about that later, but first, let’s get acquainted.

Describe your ‘typical’ day.

I don’t really have a typical day. But if I did, I would schedule my day this way: From 8:00 to 12:00 do my Bible Study, household chores, and errands. From 12:30 to 7:00 pm write. Writing includes promotion, correspondence, and then HOORAY writing my novel. If I take time out to be with friends, I simply write later at night. Ten o’clock is my mind’s shut-off time, and then I watch one half hour of TV. But I seldom enjoy a typical day. Family comes before writing, and life is chaotic.

Some writers I know like to go somewhere away from the house to write. For example a library, coffee shop or elsewhere with Wi-Fi. What about you? Where’s your favorite place to write?

I have a lovely downstairs study where I can shut my double French doors and write. I have a wide view of the street from my window where I can watch my friendly neighbors come and go as well as walk their dogs, so I feel connected with my neighborhood. I cannot write where there is other activity such as a coffee shop. I get too distracted.

Are you a Plotter or Pantser?

I am a Pantser who wishes she were a plotter. Yet I find it so much more exciting to discover as a Pantser where my characters take me and what ending I will have. I either have a character, a situation, or a particular time in history that interests me as my novel’s beginning. I am trying to pin down a story idea before I start writing. But I find plotting a story in advance takes much of the discovery and fun out of writing.

What do you do when your creative juices have dried up?

I have never had that problem.

Coffee or Tea?

Actually I love both. However in the winter I turn to tea throughout the day as opposed to summer when I drink only a few cups of coffee and then turn to water.

What do you do ‘just for you’?

Just for me time sounds so charming. What is it? My children and grandchildren live close and I love to spend time with them. With two books and two novellas releasing this year, I haven’t seen a movie since probably last year. I now shop on-line rather than in stores as it saves time. The time I would love to spend reading books, I spend doing research. I do love to eat lunch out under my new arbor and look out over the golf course. But those lunch times tend to grow too long as I relax and enjoy life. So I don’t have very much Just For Me time.

If you’d been born into the Animal Kingdom instead of the Human Race, what would you be, and why?

I’d be an elephant because of my need for a prodigious memory. I’d not like to prey on other animals, nor have them prey on me. I love their staying in herds together with family and friends, and how long they keep their children with them. I like the sound of their trumpeting and that they enjoy a good bath.

Now let’s talk about Christmas Mail-Order Angels. First, how did this anthology come about?

I wasn’t in on the beginning. My first knowledge came with an email asking for two writers who’d like to join because two other writers were unable to keep their commitment. I loved the idea of mail order brides from the first and jumped at the opportunity. It’s been such a delightful journey working with so many other gifted authors and such a talented illustrator. It’s just been FUN.

Next, tell us about your book, Christmas Belle. Give us an overview of the story.

COVER A CHRISTMAS BELLEA CHRISTMAS BELLE is a historical set in Angel Vale, Wyoming. Amanda Geoffrey is a southern belle transplanted to Maine. Desiring a new life after being rejected by a Southern Gentlemen at the altar, she agrees to become a mail-order bride in Wyoming. She hates Southern men with their charm, their sense of duty, and their spineless backbones. She wants a fresh start with a Wyoming cowboy/miner in a new town. Frank Calloway is a miner with a paying gold mine and is a newly elected sheriff. He’s a recent believer who needs a bride. His past caught up with Frank when one of the women he’s known leaves a baby on his doorstep and names him the father. Frank’s sure he’s not the father, but his sense of duty and immediate bonding to the child makes him accept the responsibility. So he orders a bride. Felicity’s immediate attraction to Frank ends abruptly when Frank opens his mouth. Big problem. Frank’s also from the Deep South. Frank also has an over-developed sense of duty. Can this unlikely couple find happiness?

Where can my readers purchase this book?

All my books can be purchased on AMAZON

About Anne Greene:

EveningAnne4_BrushStroke4_5ANNE GREENE delights in writing about alpha heroes who aren’t afraid to fall on their knees in prayer, and about gutsy heroines who accomplish great things. Her latest two Christmas novellas, A CHRISTMAS BELLE, and A GROOM FOR CHRISTMAS are now available. Her Women of Courage Series, spotlights heroic women of World War II, with the first book, ANGEL IN STEEL WINGS now available. Anne’s private investigating series, Handcuffed In Texas, has the first book, HOLLY GARDEN, PI, RED IS FOR ROOKIE, now available. Her award-winning Scottish historical romances, MASQUERADE MARRIAGE and MARRIAGE BY ARRANGEMENT, are also available. A TEXAS CHRISTMAS MYSTERY also won awards. Anne makes her home in McKinney, Texas, with her husband Colonel Larry Greene, and has four children. Tim LaHaye led her to the Lord when she was twenty-one and Chuck Swindoll is her Pastor. Anne’s highest hope is that her stories transport the reader to an awesome new world and touch hearts to seek a deeper spiritual relationship with the Lord Jesus. Buy Anne’s books on

Where can folks find you on the Internet?

Visit with Anne at www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com, www.facebook.com/AnneWGreeneAuthor, @TheAnneGreene, on Pinterest at The Anne Greene, on Book Fun Magazine at www.bookfun.org/profileAnneGreene, and at www.anneswritingupdates.blogspot.com.

Any special thoughts you’d like to share?

Writing Christmas books is such a pleasure. I love the time we Christians remember the birth of our Lord Jesus. To me Christmas is a time of renewal and recommitment to my Lord. I love the songs of Christmas and that even unbelievers sing them. When I was younger our small community played the songs over loud speakers so shoppers could enjoy them. I miss that time since now we hear so many songs like “I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus” and those types of songs. Let’s all remember that Jesus truly is the reason for the season.

Thank you so much, Anne, for being my guest today. I’ve enjoyed getting to know you a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment