Thursday, October 1, 2015

Guest Author Interview with Tanya Stowe

Tanya Stowe Photo 2Welcome. Tanya, so happy to have you here today. Ready to do a bit of Let’s Get Acquainted?

What five words best describe you?

Friendly-outgoing-athletic-detail oriented-traveler

List five things that you must have in your life…people NOT included.

Music-exercise-good food-outdoors-books

Did you have a childhood nickname? How did you get it?

Magamapie – my grandmother told me I talked as much as a magpie and I promptly told her I wasn’t a magamapie.

When is your most productive writing time?

Early morning while it’s still quiet.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would love to have the motivation and self-discipline to be an athlete.

Do you listen to music as you write, or are you the silent writer, or a combination?

Both. Quiet most of the time but when I need inspiration and a reason to park my behind in the seat, I definitely need mood music.

What made you decide to be a writer?

I don’t know how to do anything else. I’ve been making up stories for as long as I can remember.

What is your typical day like?

We rise early. I write for 2-3 hours then I do my yoga stretch to help prevent carpal tunnel. Then I like ride my bike or play tennis. After that I’ll do house work or run errands. By that time it’s dinner and a good movie. But that routine is about to change since my husband has retired and we will be selling our house and moving into a motorhome to travel full time.

Tell us a bit about The Christmas Mail-Order Angels series.

Book 7I’ve been involved with another series but all of the writers knew each other before starting the project. The ladies in the Christmas Mail-Order Angels were new to me so I’ve enjoyed brainstorming, sharing ideas and now, reading the stories.

Next, talk about your book, The Evergreen Wreath.

I was really intrigued by the concept of why a woman would sign up to leave her life and her family and journey to the west to marry a stranger. I felt a woman needed to be desperate and the idea of a young girl in an impossible situation with no way out came to me. Virginia Pepper was born. I knew she needed someone young and full of hope to love. Levi Harper and his siblings were the perfect antidote to her fear and bitterness. The Evergreen Wreath was the symbol of hope they needed in their lives.

Back Cover Blurb:

Twenty-year-old Levi Harper needs help. Life is difficult after his father and brother die in a mine cave-in. But when pneumonia takes his mother, Levi can't manage the mine and his four younger siblings alone. He signs up for a mail-order-bride.

Virginia Pepper is determined to escape her father’s unrelenting anger and all-too-ready fists. She’ll do anything to get on that train…even agree to marry a stranger. But she has no intention of trading one abusive man for another. Paper marriage or not, she’ll be on her way first chance she gets, no matter how sweet and kind Levi seems.

As Christmas approaches, Levi counts down the days with a waiting, hopeful spirit. Can the Christmas season create a path for Levi into Virginia’s heart?

Where can readers find you on the Internet?

It seems like I’m everywhere on the Internet…or at least I spend a good deal of time there. My books are available on most Internet sales sites and with Pelican Book Group.

Thank you, Tanya. I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit today. It’s been a pleasure and an honor to host you on Whispers in Purple.

Thank you very much! I love visiting new blogs and meeting new people!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having my today, Peg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been my pleasure, Tanya. And I envy you on your your future unending road trips! Have a great time and enjoy every minute of it, and may God go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We are enjoying it tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the interview...and LOVED The Evergreen Wreath! Tanya, you always inspire me with your writing, your way of "getting it together," and just being you.

    Love your blog, Peg! Purple gets my attention every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delia, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment for Tanya. Also, thanks for your remarks about my blog and the purple :)
    I kinda like it, too!

    ReplyDelete