Friday, November 8, 2019

Enduring Love ~ Alexis A. Goring ~ Devotional


Enduring Love
A devotional by Alexis A. Goring

“Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever.
Psalm 136:26 (NLT)

When we hear those sacred and treasured words “I love you too” from someone who we love – romantically or platonically – after we’ve said, “I love you,” it can put us on a high.

Why? Because someone we love revealed that they love us too! There is nothing like love that is reciprocated.

Whenever someone I love tells me that they love me too, their words warm my heart and I feel like I can live off of those kind words for days.

But lately, I have been thinking that mankind is not meant to live off of words spoken by people they love; we are supposed to live off of God’s Words that are found in The Holy Bible, also known as God’s Love Letter to humankind.

Why is it so important to live off the Word of God? Because God’s Words give life! There is a reason why the Bible says, “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)

His Word – not the love, praise or compliments of humankind – sustains us and prepares us for eternity spent with Him in Heaven. His Word – not our paychecks, sports car, full bank account, dream house, spouse or anything else here on Earth – makes life worth living! God’s Word has the capacity to change us from the inside-out, encourage our hearts, strengthen our soul, bless our mind and lead people to Him!

Life isn’t about gaining and maintaining the love of your fellow humans; it’s about entering into a relationship with the Savior of the world (Jesus Christ) and following Him all the way to Heaven. The God of Heaven, Creator and King of the Universe loves you with ALL of His Heart! He sent His Son (Jesus Christ) to save your soul (John 3:16); all you have to do is accept Him as your Savior and believe in Him then as I said earlier, follow Him all the way to Heaven.

And as for love, God’s love for you endures forever! You are the apple of His eye (Zechariah 2:8), the treasure of His Heart (Deuteronomy 7:6). He cannot imagine life without you, which is why He sent His Son to save you!

God promises to be with you forever (Matthew 28:20). His love for you will not fail (Psalm 136:1). You are His child (Galatians 3:26) and He is a Good Father (Matthew 7:11).

Let’s take a moment to really wrap our minds around this: The Creator of the Universe loves you and His Love for you endures forever!

Knowing that my Maker loves me with all of His Heart and knowing that He’ll never leave more nor forsake me (Hebrews 13:5), gives me peace!

Knowing that God loves me and has good plans for my life (Jeremiah 29:11) makes my heart happy!

Knowing that the Savior of the world wants to be my Best Friend and wants to see me through trials on this Earth and bless me with eternal life as I follow Him all the way to Heaven astounds me as I realize that no other love is like His!

Knowing that there’s nothing I can do to make God love me less or to make Him love me more because He loves me (and you) unconditionally, gives my mind a peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7) and fills me with the kind of hope that this world cannot offer.

Knowing that God’s love for me (and you) endures forever is such a beautiful truth. Knowing that I love Him, and He loves me is the best kind of reciprocated love out there!

As I close this devotional, I’d like for you to listen to Jaci Velasquez sing the
song “God Loves You” … it’s like a hug for your heart!

Remember: God loves you. Do you love Him too?


Alexis A. Goring is a passionate writer with a degree in Print Journalism and an MFA in Creative Writing. She loves the art of storytelling and hopes that her stories will connect readers with the enduring, forever love of Jesus Christ. 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for another lovely devotional post, Alexis and reminding us of God's enduring love for us, because God IS love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,so beautiful and so true.Uncle HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alexis, for your beautiful reminder that God alone is our Source and our Destiny.

    ReplyDelete