Thursday, November 14, 2019

When Art Mimics Life ~ It Really Is a Wonderful Life


WHEN ART MIMICS LIFE 
by Linda Rondeau



Please welcome author Linda Wood Rondeau as she shares the re-release of a book from her backlist now titled: It Really IS a wonderful life.
Welcome, Linda ...



I started writing after twenty-five years in the human services field. My first book, of course, was largely autobiographical. I soon discovered that I loved the art of storytelling and switched to writing fiction. But I struggled with deciding what kinds of stories I should fashion.

“Write what you know,” they told me.

What did I know?

I was a wife and a mom. I lived in a small town in Northern New York where winters were so cold the snow actually broke when stepped on. I knew about the complexities of human relationships. A victim of divorce, I knew the trauma of a broken home. As an active member of a local theater group, I knew how plays were produced.

And so, I put all this knowledge to work in my book, It Really IS a Wonderful Life, a somewhat autobiographical fiction.

Dorie’s journey to redefine herself after her husband’s death mirrors much of my experience following my divorce. I moved to my parent’s home in order to receive support as I raised three children on my own. The town of Midville mirrors my adopted home of Malone. Like Dorie, I struggled to make friends apart from my parents’ circle of acquaintances.

I joined a theater group in production for an Irish play, Juno and the Paycock, by Sean O’Casey. I managed to get a one-liner part. And like Dorie, I did publicity. That experience would change my life because I met the love of my life. And I also discovered a love of drama. As I became more active in my church and community, like Dorie, I began to see Malone as “my home” and not the place my parents lived.

Most importantly, like Dorie, I began to see my faith as second-hand, wisdom handed down from Christian grandparents, parents, pastors, and Sunday School teachers. I craved a faith that was truly my own.

We write what we know, not so much from head knowledge but from heart knowledge. The experiences that change and shape our lives dwell deep inside our being. This is the well from which writers draw.



About the book:
Midville newcomer and Iraq War widow, Dorie Fitzgerald, despises the frigid Adirondack wasteland that has now become her home. After twenty failed job interviews, she questions the wisdom of moving to be near her parents. Desperate to belong, she joins the local Community Theater, in production for It’s a Wonderful Life.

Jamey Sullivan has put his professional life on hold in order to run the family business and to help his ailing father. He signs on for Midville’s production of It’s a Wonderful Life, although he hopes to receive a Broadway casting call any day now.

When these two meet, they are instantly attracted to one another. However, ambition, demanding children, and a romantic rival threaten to squash their growing love for one another. Each must discover that the best things in life are found where your heart resides.

It Really is a Wonderful Life is set in the beautiful Adirondack mountains, a perfect backdrop for a Christmas romance.


Author Bio:

It Really IS a Wonderful Life is inspired by the author’s true experiences in a small town Community Theater. During her twenty years as an actor, producer, and director, the author met and married her best friend in life. The couple now reside in Hagerstown, Maryland, where they are actively involved with their local church ministries and spend time with their children and grandchildren. Most of Rondeau’s works reflect the beauty and friendliness of the northern Adirondack Region, where this book is set. Readers may connect with the author through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Goodreads. Follow the author's blog, Snark and Sensibility, on her website www.lindarondeau.com and signup for the author’s newsletters.


Buy links: 



Also, just released, A Christmas Prayer  A Country Music star, a newspaper journalist, and a 12-year-old autistic child each pray seemingly opposing Christmas prayers. How will God answer?

Social Media Links





2 comments: