Friday, April 10, 2020

JOBS, PART THREE ~ Christina Sinisi ~ Devotional


JOBS - Part Three


A Devotional by Christina Sinisi


When I wrote the first two parts to this series, the COVID-19 crisis was not on the horizon. My own personal worries and the troubles of those close to me were paramount in my mind. A job was an aggravation to some degree, politics and frustration with administration and stress from too much to do were the items on the list.

All that has changed with the onslaught of a little ball of a virus with tiny little antennae, or are they feet, all around it stomping all over the world.

Now that I can’t be at my workplace, I miss the people there. I’m still doing the work so that isn’t marked off my list, but I’m also very grateful for the job I have. So many people now are out of work or facing financial hardships that we don’t have to face (at least in the foreseeable future). We have a nice-sized house with space where we each can get away from the others, but also have each other to talk to and support and love. We have porches, a back yard, and walking trails that haven’t been closed off—we can get outside. 

And most of all, we have our health.

It’s funny, perhaps sad, definitely amazing that it sometimes takes being on the brink or even tipping over to force us to count our blessings. In my bible reading right now, I’m in Judges. Not the most pleasant of reading, but I read the bible straight through in a constant stream and that’s where I am. One lesson from that book, and much of the Old Testament, is how easy it is to forget God’s blessings and miracles. When we do forget, it’s so easy then to think we don’t need God or, the worst possible outcome, believe that He doesn’t exist.

Times like this teach us: He does exist, and we do need Him.

It shouldn’t take a pandemic or the parting of a sea for us to remember our first love. Talk to Him every day, read His word, and stay in His presence.

And we’ll be fine, no matter what.

Pray with me?  “Heavenly Father, please be with me, my family, friends, this country, and this world. Heal those who are sick and take those in your arms who are struggling. Let us never forget just who You are. Amen.”

Genesis 2:15  The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.


A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Christina Sinisi writes stories about families, both the broken and blessed. Her works include a semi-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest, and finalists in a number of writing contests, such as the American Title IV Contest where she appeared in the top ten in the Romantic Times magazine. By day, she is a psychology professor and lives in the LowCountry of South Carolina with her husband and two children and loves a good cooking challenge. Please visit her at Christina Sinisi-Author on Facebook and christinasinisi.com.

How can writers connect with you?
Social Media Links:

Social Networking Sites: 
Twitter: @ChristinaSinisi
Instagram: @csinisi123

Purchase Links:



3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this devotional!! Please continue to write them. So practical and motivational. Many thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your devotional! Thanks for strength for the day, and the coming weeks. Prayers of safety for you and your loved ones--Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading your devotional. Thanks for strength for today and the coming weeks. Prayers of safety to you and your loved ones--Kathy

    ReplyDelete