Friday, April 17, 2020

THE CORONA VIRUS ~ June Foster ~ Faithful Frida ~ Devotional


The Corona Virus

A Faithful Friday Devotional

from 

Author June Foster



Lives have drastically changed since the advent of the corona virus. You only have to go to Walmart, Costco, or Sam's Club to buy toilet paper, bottled water, cleaning supplies, etc. to witness the ramifications for our society. "Don't leave your house and if you do, don't touch surfaces outside your home." The message potentially infuses fear in my heart. What if I or one of my loved ones catches the disease? Will I have enough to get by?

The Holy Spirit's gentle voice reminds me—He will never allow me to go without. Psalm 37:25 says: "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread." But who are his children? The Bible says this in John 1:12. "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." NIV.

I can remember long ago when I called upon Jesus to be my Savior. That means I'm a child of God and anyone else who's trusted Jesus as Savior.

The Lord knows the day we were born, but He also knows the day we will leave this earth. I need not fear death and I need not fear the Corona virus. I trust that He will provide for me—and you, too.

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 11Corinthians 9:8. NIV. For now, I can only praise and adore Him.

Prayer: Lord, I entrust myself and my life on this earth to You. Thank You that You did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. Amen.



Author June Foster
An award-winning author, June Foster is also a retired teacher with a BA in Education and a MA in counseling. She is the mother of two and grandmother of ten. June began writing Christian romance in 2010. She penned her first novel on her Toshiba laptop as she and her husband traveled the US in their RV. Her adventures provide a rich source of information for her novels. She brags about visiting a location before it becomes the setting in her next book.
To date, June has written twenty-two contemporary romance and romantic suspense novels and novellas. She loves to compose stories about characters who overcome the circumstances in their lives by the power of God and His Word. June uses her training in counseling and her Christian beliefs in creating characters who find freedom to live godly lives. She's published with Winged Publications. Visit June at www.junefoster.com to see a complete list of her books.


4 comments:

  1. Peg, thanks for giving me the opportunity to share my point of view. I pray you are staying safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, as always, June. We're doing good so far.

      Delete
  2. Amen. Trusting God with the coronavirus and praying for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melissa. Thanks for dropping in. May God keep you and yours safe.

      Delete