Sunday, September 13, 2015

Interview with author Teresa Lilly

Hi, Teresa. Welcome to Whispers in Purple. I’m so happy to have you here. Let’s get acquainted.

What was your first job?

I taught gymnastics when I was in high school.

What’s the first thing you do when waking up in the morning?

Pray for my sister and stretch my feet..

What is your favorite color?

Black, and like Johnny Cash I usually dress in black as well.

Ah, the Man in Black Smile Do you have a pet, or pets? Tell us about it/them

Unfortunatly, no. I love animals but at this time in life do not have time to care for any.

That’s too bad. I don’t know what I’d do without my dog these days. If you weren’t a writer, what would you most likely be doing instead?

Teaching, however, I’ve always thought it would be fun to be a waitress in a truck stop.

Why did you become a writer?

I dreamt of doing it since I was a young girl, and after reading Janette Oke…I knew I had to.

When reading, what is your favorite genre? What are you reading right now?

I love Christian Romance Novellas, however, I also love all of Grace Livingston Hill Books. I am currently rereading all 100 of her books.

Where do you get your ideas?

Most of the time they just appear in my mind.

What is your Book about?

cover for create

Cooking Up Christmas is about a woman who comes to Angel Vale as one of about 9 mail order brides. She intends to marry, but in the meantime will work at the Angel Vale Eatery as a cook. She can’t seem to find out what her intended does for a living and who owns the eatery. It’s full of fun collisions. I’m actually very proud of this novella, I believe it is some of my best writing.

Here’s the back cover blurb:

When Henrietta agrees to become a mail order angel for Benjamin Capel, she moves to Angel Vale Wyoming eager to begin working in the town’s eatery. Although happy with her job and attracted to her husband-to-be, she discovers that Benjamin has several secrets. What does he do for a living, why does talking about money upset him so much and who actually owns the Angel Vale Eatery. Will these questions be answered so she can freely say I Do or does God have a different plan for her life in Angel Vale?

Check out the book HERE

What is your next project?

I am currently writing a story called Wild Prairie Rose, about a mail order bride coming to Iowa. The main thing is she isn’t a true beauty and wants to find someone who is plain like herself.

About Teresa:

new teresa

Teresa Ives Lilly lives in Texas with her husband, near her grown children. She loves to write Christian Historical Novellas, although she dabbles in contemporary as well. You can see all her books at www.teresalilly.wordpress.com. She loves to hear from her readers at teresaiveslilly@yahoo.com

 

Thank you so much for being my guest here today, Teresa. Wishing you the very best with your next project. AND . . . we’ll be seeing you back here on October 12! Looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great interview! Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete