Thursday, September 17, 2015

Unconditional: Behind the Story By: Tanya Eavenson

Unconditional_1400x2100


He will fight for her at any cost...

Elizabeth Roberts can't remember her past, and the present is too painful. She turns to nightclubs and drinking to forget her infant daughter's death, her husband's affair.
When his wife's coma wiped out the memory of their marriage, Chris Roberts found comfort elsewhere. He can't erase his betrayal, but with God's help he’s determined to fight for Elizabeth at any cost.
She wants to forget. He wants to save his marriage. Can they trust God with their future and find a love that’s unconditional?

~♥~♥~



Unconditional: Behind the Story


                     By: Tanya Eavenson



Most little girls grow up believing in happily-ever-after and fairy tales of an unconditional love story. But I grew up in a family were divorce was common, with the idea once you “fall out” of love and you can’t get along anymore, it’s time to get a divorce. The proof was watching family members bounce from spouse to spouse. At a young age, I learned to believe love was fleeting. I began to protect myself with walls of preservation no one could penetrate.

Until one day when I visited a church and met a certain guy. It had been years since I’d been to a church, but I felt drawn to go. Soon afterward, the guy and I started dating, and for the first time in my life, I believed in happily-ever-after. I believed it throughout high school and right after college when we married.

But months later, I held divorce papers in my hands. To this day, I recall the emptiness in that moment, the hurt and pain and the reasons why I’d left my husband. Once again, I experienced the same feelings I felt when I was a child--love was fleeting, and happily-ever-after didn’t exist.

As I picked up the pen from the desk to sign the divorce papers, I never counted on the Holy Spirit urging me to call my husband. We spoke, barely, more like grunted at each other, but on that day we decided to meet, and shortly after, to fight for our marriage.

I didn’t plan to write Unconditional, but a desire took hold to tell a story of a husband and wife lost in their marriage. Although Unconditional isn’t the story my husband and I faced, there were similarities. We were at the brink of divorce and no one could stop it from happening—except for God.
Psalms 103:2-5 says, Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.

Yes, God kept His promises. He forgave our sins, redeemed our marriage, and the life to which He’d called us. But most importantly, God revealed His passion and love for me like no one ever had, will, or could. I was His and He would never be willing to give me up, regardless of the circumstance. And though humanly speaking, there’s no such thing as happily-ever-after, in Christ, I would be happy for all eternity.

My husband and I celebrated nineteen years of marriage; the same month I held Unconditional in my hands for the first time. I cried seeing my name scrolled across the backdrop of a woman ever so gently kissing her husband at their wedding. It was surreal. Unconditional was a gift, a reminder of God’s love for me and for my readers. It’s an unconditional love story of a woman, a man, and an amazing God.

~♥~♥~


DSC_0729b


~ Tanya Eavenson enjoys spending time with her husband, and their three children. Her favorite pastime is grabbing a cup of coffee, eating chocolate, and reading a good book. Tanya is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Word Weavers International, and writes for Christ to the World Ministries. You can find her at her website http://www.tanyaeavenson.com/ on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Google, or on Amazon.

Buy Links:

~♥~♥~


Thank you so much, Tanya, for being my guest here today, and for your wonderful, heartfelt story. God Bless You!


Join the conversation!


TWEETABLE:


[bctt tweet="Is there such a thing as 'happily ever after?' See what Tanya Eavenson @Tan_eave has to say. #whispersinpurple #divorce #marriage #unconditional"]

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspirational story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jeff, thanks for stopping by..I agree. Loved Tanya's story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Jeff! Appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete