Tuesday, April 24, 2018

5 Things I’ve Learned ~ Sara L. Faust

5 Things I’ve Learned From My Debut Novel Release

by Sara L. Foust

My debut novel, Callum’s Compass, released in November 2017. In the five months since its release, I can honestly say I’ve learned a lot! Here are my top five most important lessons learned:

1.     Being an author is all about the readers. Forging relationships and being a “real” human is the best part about this whole venture. I love when readers contact me and tell me their thoughts on the book or simply tell me about their day. I’m a “people-person” and value these new relationships highly!

2.     Marketing is a lot of work! Everyone who told me that before I was published was not lying. It is a daily, nonstop part of being an author. It’s a good thing I enjoy the marketing too.

3.     I will never, ever be done learning about the craft of writing fiction. And I love learning. I really do. I’ve discovered that I’m not just passionate about the writing, I’m passionate about the learning too.

4.     I want to help other authors. I know I’m not a “big name” in fiction. But one of my biggest hopes is that I can help other newbie authors, who may be on the verge of giving up, find the perseverance and confidence to continue. If I can do it, so can they!

5.     My career path is all in the hands of the One who made the moon and stars. Okay, so it would’ve been nice if my first novel rocketed to the top and was already turned into a movie and a number one bestseller and everyone had it on their shelves. But the reality is, I’m still new even though I have a book out there, and I must continue to work at the level and pace He has planned for me. I trust that He will take me where I need to be, and who knows, maybe that will be the New York Times Bestseller List someday. But for now, I’m content knowing I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.

I truly am enjoying this journey, and I am so thankful that God has made my dreams become reality. I plan to continue to learn as much as I can each and every day and use that knowledge to become the best author I can be.

About Collum's Compass
KAT WILLIAMS’S brother died in a gruesome accident in the mountains of East Tennessee. She blames herself.

RYAN JENKINS’S fiancée was murdered. He couldn’t protect her.
With the death of her brother, Kat believes she is unworthy of love from anyone—even God. When a good friend elicits a promise that she will stop living in the past and then leaves her clues to a real-life treasure hunt, Kat embarks on an adventure chock-full of danger. To find the treasure, Kat will have to survive wild animals—and even wilder men. Can she rely on Ryan, the handsome wildlife officer assigned to protect her . . . without falling in love?

Ryan swore off love when his fiancée was murdered, but feelings long-buried rise to the surface around Kat. He volunteers to help with her treasure hunt, vowing to keep her safe. Together they venture deep into caves and tunnels . . . and even deeper into the depths of their unplumbed hearts.

Buy Links:


About Sara:
Sara writes Inspirational Romantic Suspense from a mini-farm in East Tennessee, where she lives with her husband and their five homeschooled children. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from the University of Tennessee and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Tennessee Mountain Writers. Her debut novel Callum's Compass won second place in Deep River Books' 2017 Writer's Contest. She also has a story, “Leap of Faith,” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Step Outside Your Comfort Zone. Sara finds inspiration in her faith, her family, and the beauty of nature. When she isn’t writing, you can find her reading, camping, and spending time outdoors with her family. To learn more about her and her work or to become a part of her email friend’s group, please visit www.saralfoust.com

Where to find Sara:
·       Website: www.saralfoust.com
·       Newsletter sign up: http://eepurl.com/cfqP5H
·       Email: sfoust25@hotmail.com
·       Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/SaraLFoust/
·       Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Sfoust25
·       Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sfoust25/
·       Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sfoust25


2 comments: