Friday, January 30, 2015

Living in the Moment

lilies-of-the-field1Today’s UPPER ROOM DEVOTIONAL brought me up short.

The title article was What If? The suggested Scripture reading was from Luke 12:25-30, where Jesus admonishes us not to dwell in the past, nor worry about tomorrow, what we will eat, what we will wear. That doing a lot of what if’s, won’t change a thing, and worry about tomorrow is useless.
“Consider the lilies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”

So what was it about this reading that caught my attention?

It made me realize that I’ve been doing a lot of whining here over the past several weeks. My struggle with switching from Blogger to WordPress. My frustration over no one really reading the blog. Getting no comments. And on, and on, infinitum.

I even posted on Facebook a while back that I was feeling invisible, which is ridiculous. GOD sees me, knows my very thought, hears my words, watches what I write. Invisible? Never.

All this is not doing me, or my blog’s potential readers, one bit of good. God knows all about it. If Whispers in Purple is to grow and flourish, He will make it so. Just like those lilies in the field.

I’m not saying I won’t have to work at it. I still need to provide worthwhile content. That’s a given. No content, no readers. No readers, no comments. But I must learn to trust God to do the rest. Once I turn it over to Him, I cannot snatch it back and take over myself. That’s totally wrong, and non-productive.

Let go, and let God.

Blessings,

Peg

2 comments:

  1. Hello Peg! I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Go to www.pattishene.com for details!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Pat, I am honored. I'll go check it out right away. Thank you!
    Hugs back atcha!

    ReplyDelete