Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Welcome Author Katie Clark


KATIE CLARK writes young adult speculative fiction, including her dystopian Enslaved Series, made up of Vanquished, Deliverance, and Redeemer. You can connect with her at her website, on Facebook, or on Twitter.


Katie, welcome! Let's get to know you a bit by answering a few questions. Ready? Here we go.

  • Where was the location of the best vacation you ever had?
Disney World! I love Disney World J

  • If you could travel back in time when and where would you go?
Oh, this is very relevant to my current novel-in-progress (time travel)! I would love to visit Victorian England. It’s always fascinated me, with the pretty dresses and romantic art.
  • What is your favorite season of the year? What’s special about it for you??
I love Christmas time, but these days I also love summer time. The heat is good, and I love creating fun summer memories with my daughters.
  • What is something that very few people know about you?
 Hm. I’ll go with the fact that I don’t like music. I never listen to it…and that always surprises people but it’s true!
  •  What is the hardest part in writing a story?
 Making sure the characters are true to the story and themselves. They can be such stubborn little buggers!
  •  What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: iPod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair)
 Wow! Good question! There are a few things I love (my Kindle, for one), but I have a set of pillow cases that came from Arabia. They are square-shaped, and made of a scratchy cream-colored material. Then, they’re covered in shimmering gold thread. They’re absolutely beautiful, and I cherish them!
  • Oh, my, they sound lovely. I'd love to see a picture of them. So, what are you working on now?
I am currently working on a series for Pelican Book Group that is being written for the young adult audience. Each book will focus on a lost Biblical treasure. Shadowed Eden is book 1 and will be published in 2015. Book 2 will be Whispering Tower, and I’m writing it now. It’s going to be awesome!

ABOUT VANQUISHED: When Hana’s mom is diagnosed with the mutation, she is denied the medication that might save her life.  Fischer, a medic at the hospital, implies there are people who can help—except Hana’s not sure she can trust him; Fischer is involved in a religious group, and religion has been outlawed for the last hundred years.  Hana embarks on a dangerous journey, seeking the answers Fischer insists are available. When the truth is uncovered does Hana stick to what she knows?  Or does she join the rebellion, taking a stand against an untrustworthy society?


No comments:

Post a Comment