KATIE CLARK writes young adult speculative fiction, including her dystopian Enslaved Series, made up of Vanquished, Deliverance, and Redeemer. You can connect with her at her website, on Facebook, or on Twitter.
Katie, welcome! Let's get to know you a bit by answering a few questions. Ready? Here we go.
- Where was the location of the best vacation you ever had?
- If you could travel back in time when and where would you go?
- What is your favorite season of the year? What’s special about it for you??
- What is something that very few people know about you?
- What is the hardest part in writing a story?
- What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: iPod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair)
- Oh, my, they sound lovely. I'd love to see a picture of them. So, what are you working on now?
ABOUT VANQUISHED: When Hana’s mom is diagnosed with the mutation, she is denied the medication that might save her life. Fischer, a medic at the hospital, implies there are people who can help—except Hana’s not sure she can trust him; Fischer is involved in a religious group, and religion has been outlawed for the last hundred years. Hana embarks on a dangerous journey, seeking the answers Fischer insists are available. When the truth is uncovered does Hana stick to what she knows? Or does she join the rebellion, taking a stand against an untrustworthy society?